Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Mid-Week Check-In: ICAD #53-55

Here's my index card art for Monday through today, Wednesday July 25 (aka challenge cards #53-55).  I enjoy working in small series; the work seems to go much quicker and I can switch up ideas immediately after three or four cards are completed with a single theme or technique.

I felt the backgrounds of these cards were already interesting and detailed so I finished them off with the simple addition of foreign postage.  I used to collect postage stamps for use in my artwork but once again, I haven't even looked through the collection in years.  I [re]discovered all sorts of cool images!

As a head's up:  I'm going to skip the upcoming Sunday ICAD check-in and post the last six cards on Tuesday, July 31.

6 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! I love to incorporate postage stamps into the things I make. Your backgrounds are lovely and interesting to look at, and I like how you numbered your cards right there on the front.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The look + feel of these cards just makes me smile. The funky number stamp, the postage, the edges, all melt my analytical artsy hearth. So, so happy you did the challenge this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are wonderful! I love how multilayered they are. I always struggle with layers myself so I admire anyone who can use layers successfully. The postage stamps add an intriguing feel, with their hints of other lands and other times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The combination of rich backgrounds and the foreign stamps delights the eye! Great series of ICADs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun how you explain your process. I love knowing the story BEhind the ICAD and you fulfilled that with these!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have I told you lately that you're awesome?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...