Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mid-Week Check-In: ICAD 25-27

Almost thirty days into the 2012 Index-Card-a-Day challenge!  Whew!  Anyone else feel like it has been a long month! lol!  I am definitely hitting the index card wall (as a lovely commenter called it) and every day, feel on the verge of calling it quits.  I definitely like the end results but many days the process is simply painful.  When I journal, I lose myself and never want to stop.  Whilst making index cards, I often sigh in relief when a card is complete.  However, since I am a firm believer in pushing through when things are the most uncomfortable, I am still plugging away at this challenge.  Can I say for certain that I will have 61 cards come July 31st?  Nope.  But all I need think about is today and perhaps that is the larger lesson here.

Not too much to say about this set of cards except "Thank goodness they're done!" 

I will probably be a bit scarce in the next week or so as I have company coming (sooo very excited Ellen!) but the Wednesday and Sunday ICAD check-ins will continue as scheduled.

7 comments:

  1. I know all about the wall ... keep telling myself I only have 35 more to go! :D :D Love your cards ... always full of gorgeous color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this is the wall then bring me to it. Your icad's are so colorful and great! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of the colors and sayings in your cards. I know I'll keep on going until the end of June, no problem, but I'm thinking of switching to an art journal for July. Don't have long to decide and I may end doing both. Not sure I've hit a wall, just want something the same but different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards certainly don't look like you've hit a wall. They're wonderful! Hope your ICAD muse returns soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, the link love finally is in sync with your post! I like your cards! They show fun + wit. I hope you'll continue - but if it's becoming drudgery maybe it's better to use that time to work in your journal. I think you are a great artist either way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I love your cards.

    All of them are amazing. So far I have hit no walls but there have been a few days I have been pleased to have some prepared backgrounds and be following to some extent the prompts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely graphics, bright colors (yum), and inspiring quotes--I've looked at all your cards and as usual am amazed at your inventiveness! Love, Love, Love the yellow clown card in your latest post and the quote you used with it!
    XOXO Ellen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...