Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Mid-Week Check-In: ICAD 18-20

Well, only 41 more index cards to go! *sigh* I've reached card #20 which is where I bailed last summer and sure enough, I struggled this week with inspiration and motivation.  I used to be ahead of the game but now I'm slogging along making a card a day on the day it's due and for me, that is no fun at all.  I need to try and get ahead or I predict this challenge is going to fade off my radar.

I do like making the cards though once I get into the moment so that's enough to keep me going for now.  Thank you to all for the cheerleading!  Every time I put one of these blasted index cards in front of me and wonder what the hell I'm going to do, I hear your kind words and I wait out the panic so an idea can break through! 

10 comments:

  1. Looking at your cards, it's hard to tell you were lacking motivation. Your chandelier turned out brillian and I love the collages with their messages. You can do this! I've just been playing this week and caring more about process than product. Takes some of the pressure off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been struggling too at times but I've just gone with whatever popped in my head at the moment and it's working for me - so far. Really like your cards - hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! I didn't make it to the end last summer either - only did about 3 cards a week. So far I'm finding lots of inspiration - it's great to network with others and see all the great cards, that helps keep me motivated. All the Best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good sign that we finally synced the Link Love with your index card posts! Perhaps you could plan some experiments with your index cards for the next few days, so that you know what you'll do before you stare at the blank card...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loooove your cards! They are all beautiful and interesting to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the collage cards, very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really great cards. I always have a list of things I want to try or practice. I often go to it for inspiration for the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, it's too bad that it has been such a struggle for you. Your cards are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. they are all terrific, but love that "note to self"...I need to remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are fantastic cards, I love the chandelier. And the text silhouette.

    There have been some days I have picked up the blank card and though I am all out today. But when I start, eventually it ends up somewhere, and even if I am not thrilled, it is only an index card and there will be another one tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...