Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Mid-Week Check-In: ICAD 11-13

Hello Wednesday!  Here's my mid-week check-in for the Summer 2012 Index-Card-a-Day (ICAD) challenge.  These three cards represent a loose interpretation of three prompts from the weekly prompt list released last Friday.

Although I despise the humble index card as a drawing surface (yes, I'm a paper snob), I wanted to make sure that some, if not many, of my 61 index cards were hand drawn.  Looking back through the cards I've made so far, I realized that once again, collage had seduced and distracted me.  

Index cards are actually a great way to test out little doodles, practice lettering, and audition pens & markers without the pressure of having to live up the potential of expensive paper.  I can always attach my index doodlings into my sketchbooks if I happen to draw something I really love.  For now though, I'm just noodling around with pen & ink, enjoying the process...and that's as it should be.

3 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed all your ICAD posts. Just finished a class online and used my cards as my notebook ... will be sharing the ICADs eventually! (I'm a few days ahead)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are cutie patootie for sure! love your lettering/alphabet card, but like them all, really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have a very cool art style! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...