Monday, January 9, 2012

Expanding & Embracing

Happy New Year to all and welcome back to Lost Coast Post!

I took a bit of time to ease into 2012; typically, I hit the ground running, bubbling with enthusiasm and armed with a scroll full of resolutions (I take the whole process very seriously) but this year, I wanted to take things slowly, putting some changes into practice a little at a time.

2011 was a good year, a time full of expansion of my personal & artistic life as I really worked to move beyond the comforting confines of my studio.  I made a lot of plans and some I saw to completition and others I didn't.  So "expand" is a word I'm going to carry forward into 2012 as I think I'm far from where I want to be.

However, after much thought, I decided to add another word to guide me through the coming months.  I knew that I had grown in many ways but still I felt like I was hanging back, not allowing myself to fully realize a plan or accept a circumstance.  So I felt that adding "embrace" to my year's vocabulary would help me not only keep moving forward but perhaps more importantly, remind me to celebrate my successes, appreciate all that I accomplish, and treasure where I am in this very moment.

In 2012, I hope to move toward a more fully soulful life.  I want to embrace more quiet moments and expand upon them.  I want to tackle more projects but conversely, I want to slow things down.  I'm revisiting past pursuits and exploring fresh passions, all with an eye towards projects that soothe my frazzled brain and comfort my achy body. 

If you come to Lost Coast Post for art journaling, there'll always be that.  Promise.  But expect to see some new stuff too.  This post has a good preview of where I'm headed this year.  I'm sure there will ups and downs and stumbles along the way.  If you don't mind buckling in and stowing your tray table the whole way then please join me.  A wild ride is so much more enjoyable with friends.

1 comment:

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...