Monday, October 10, 2011

Finally She Blogs & the Art is Up

Oooooo!  I'm sneaking this post in here at the end of the day so perhaps for some of you abroad, it is now Tuesday but it's still Monday for the Lost Coast so it's all good!  After a super busy day, it finally occured to me in a moment of quiet that I hadn't yet posted.  So here ya go!

Shot of one of the walls in the store on which I am displaying my art...
The main part of the oft-talked about show is now up.  As you can see, the work is hanging in a furniture store.  On the second Friday of every month, local businesses host a city-wide art opening while throwing in some great music, wine tastings, and extended shopping hours for good measure.  I love this particular location and have shown here a couple of times before.  It is a huge venue; I could easily hang 30 to 40 smallish pieces here if I ever got my artistic act together in time.  So far, I've got 16 finished canvases up for the world to see and I'm going to hang some more before this Friday evening's opening. 

The walls of this store are a lovely butter yellow which always makes my work look especially yummy.  The furniture is what I call "upscale casual": real wood furniture, elegant lighting, quality futons and the like.  This atmosphere suits my work very well and I think it helps potential buyers imagine what my art might look like in their own homes.

5 comments:

  1. An impressive display Michelle! Love the mingling of colors and of course the flock of birds!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the show. :) It really looks amazing displayed like this. It gives yu an idea how the piece would look over the sofa at home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVELY!!!! So nice to see your beautiful pieces hanging, Michelle! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work looks great up on the wall...it comes alive!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...