Tuesday, September 20, 2011

In the Studio Today

Surprise!  It's another update from the studio that involves my show!  (It'll be over soon folks!)  On my table this morning: a 2-foot by 3-foot canvas that'll feature five birds perched on a wire, watching the evening sun sink into the horizon.

Sometimes I'm not very confident about a piece, especially in the beginning stages.  The pieces for this show (and my self-imposed time challenges) have helped me push past uncertainity and just keep going.  I have to keep reminding myself not to judge until all the components of the canvas come together.  If I just keep my fingers moving, my inner critic doesn't have as much opportunity to whisper mean comments in my ear.  Speaking of which, tune in tomorrow for a post about the inner critic banishments I've been working on with my young students.  Fun stuff!

5 comments:

  1. Limited time is really helpful when you want to push yourself and surpase the inner gremlins. Good luck.

    Say hello to your cute cat from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece is absolutely stunning! It's comforting to hear you talk about your inner critic- with art like that I'm surprised to hear you have one. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to see this one complete. It looks incredible! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your painting, but your Kitty Cat is also ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each day your pieces are better and better! I am loving that deep dark blue!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...