Thursday, August 18, 2011

Trying to Enjoy the Dwindling Freedom

I've just started the pattern cutting and paper piecing process on this peacock-esque bird and hopefully, I'll be able to finish him off in the next couple of days.  I'm a tad off schedule this week but I'm trying not to stress about it.  The summer is winding down and that means a perfect storm is gathering of all the fun things I want to do in the remaining free time versus all the meetings/appointments/errands/planning that needs to take place before I can launch into my fall schedule.  I have a big meeting tomorrow to figure out my art teaching schedule for the coming school year: how many kids, what age group, how long, what budget etc and from that I can finally start developing lesson plans and purchase requests.  I'm not a fan of limbo so it will be good to finally know what I'll be doing.

I've read on a couple of blogs that some people find cat photos obnoxious but I couldn't resist posting this one of my big ole Marley Bear, who apparently is also exhausted by all the recent invasions of noise and strange routines.  This photo makes his 17-pounds look rather rotund but in truth, he's really long so all that mass is evenly distributed.  I adore his devotion to really good sleep, no matter the position.  When he's like this, we can roll him onto his back and give his belly a nice big snuggle.

And in case you're just dying to zoom in for a close-up, here's what his sweet face looked like from my studio chair.  Just love the fangs!

6 comments:

  1. Your peacock is shaping up great! I think you are making incredible progress since you started this series!
    Marley is too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one love a good cat photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am suspicious of anyone who finds cat or any animal photo obnoxious. Your baby is magnificent. Your show is going to be incredible! Yes, the summer has passed so very quickly. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your art and your kitty photos! Am noticing how many artists I follow favor feline companionship--not a prerequisite, of course, but it certainly doesn't hurt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love kitty photos and your Marley is a wonderful big boy! And Im liking this painting allot too. Very nice!!!
    Jessi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your birds and your journals and your wonderful Marley! There's nothing better than a cat (or two or three) in the house!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...