Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Contentedly Journaling

I'm so close to being finished with this journal!  I have just about 2 and a half signatures left to fill and my first Full Tilt Boogie journal will be complete - wow!  I have more handmade journals waiting in the wings and I know I will definitely continue with this style as I feel so comfortable working on these pages!

The structure is highly adaptable to my needs: I can easily add page extensions if I need to accommodate a larger image or more writing.  I can also cut down and shape pages, although since I added in so many short-width pages during the binding process, I haven't really felt the urge to trim stuff down.

I also adore working with non-blank backgrounds.  The scrapbook and found papers I chose to use provide an instant starting point every time I sit down to journal - no more "staring at the blank page" sessions!

On future pages, I want to add more and more of my own doodlings and creative writing.  I love collage but I want it to always be subordinate to my own voice and vision.  Right now, I am madly in love with robots and want to draw them all the time!  It is quite possible, I will begin a separate journal just for all my robot/sci-fi stuff as I have collected a lot of papers and ephemera centered around this theme.

7 comments:

  1. Wow and amazing and love. That about covers it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is super cool. I just found your blog this week and I'm enjoying seeing your journals. I'm struggling with putting too many collage elements on and then trying to tie them all together visually. Also, not leaving space for words...

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pages you are showing are really beautiful to me Michelle! I wish I part you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O Michelle!
    I LOVE the first spread you shared here! There's so much to look at, but it's not overwhelming to the eye. YOu did a fantastic job on this and it's my uber-favorite! ; )
    I "pinned" it too... ; )
    Lotus

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your journal is such a work of art! Happy you are feeling better. Enjoy the moment. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your journal pages are very inspiring...I love this style!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't even finished reading this post, but I had to blog about the quote shown in the top photo. I love it! Here is my blog posting about it:
    http://happeningsonchaosranch.wordpress.com/2011/08/18/quote-2/

    Hope you like it. Now, back to read the rest. :)

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...