Monday, August 29, 2011

Caught Up in My Own Personal Hurricane but Still Making Art


My summer break officially came to an end this morning.  My son started back to college today and so begins the endless driving to and from campus.  While he will be riding the bus some this semester, I'm still responsible for 4 mornings a week and two afternoons which adds up to about 6 hours a week spent in the car.  I'm happy to support my son in his college journey but whew! I get tried of being on the road!  And just as that weekly commitment begins, I'm also juggling the following:
* Continuing prep for my show which hangs October 1st (18 canvases to go!)...
* Initial planning for another show that hangs in January...
* Lesson planning for art teaching that begins Sept 9th...
* Work on creating new inventory for my Etsy shop (aka Hand & Soul Studios) 
* Development of a companion blog space to Lost Coast Post, focused solely on tutorials (more on that when I'm ready)...
* Continuing physical therapy for my foot...
* Annual paperwork requirements for a variety of  agencies...
* A thorough "fall cleaning" of my apartment and workspaces to make some breathing room...
* A return to writing fiction (this has been quietly brewing for some time now)...

And all the while, I am making time to journal!  I'm so very close to completing this Full Tilt Boogie journal.  I'll post a picture of it once finished because I know you'll get a chuckle at how FAT this book has become!

5 comments:

  1. Goodness, but you're busy!! :-) I'm glad you find time to create...and share your creations here. LOVE the pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fairly new visitor/follower of your blog - thought I should tell you that I love your work and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your journal is looking fantastic Michelle! As I say, I'm okay if I just keep going....you do the same, because it is sure working well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pages Michelle, thanks for taking the time to share it with us in that busy schedule. Good luck with the paintings too, and we will look forward to the tutorial blog.. A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so loving your pages. So much to see on each one of them. You seem to find such a nice balance between images and text. I LOVE your tilt Boogie journal. Fun to browse through it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...