Saturday, July 23, 2011

Lost Coast Studio Saturday: The Eye of a Brainstorm

Approximately a decade ago, one of my brothers gifted me with several rolls of scrap sticker stock rescued from the trash of a printing company.  It was used to print indexing stickers for rubber stamps.  There are many different types of finishes such as shiny silver, aluminum silver, gold, kraft paper, vellum, glossy white and so on.  There are yards and yards of this stuff, each roll a little over 12 inches wide.  I was delighted to receive it but of course, I just stored it away in a closet as I had no clue what to do with it.  Ten years (maybe more), I've held onto these cumbersome rolls of sticker paper and they've been good for nothing more than homes for some seriously creepy spiders.

And then this morning, like a lightning bolt, it hit me:  I could make my own decorative tape!!!!!  OMG!  How awesome would that be!?  Some of the rolls have a sort of frosty opacity and when I decorated little pieces and peeled off the paper backing, I was delighted to be able to see the text underneath.  Just like washi tape!!
I can't see to move fast enough.  I'm in the process of painting and decorating a much larger sample.  I cannot wait until it is dry and I can cut it into strips!  Voila!  Serendipity tape!!!  And I now know exactly what I am going to do with my stash of wooden pins and spools... 

3 comments:

  1. I've been enjoying all your posts so much since I met you on Full Tilt Boogie. You are amazing. Thank you for all you give. xxDonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome Michelle! It was just waiting for the right time, gotta love that! You always have something new going on, and you always share so generously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Leave it to you to find a creative use for that tape!!! Brilliantly creative and much less expensive and more fun than Washi tape!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...