Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Holding My Head but Still Dancing in My Journal

Spread from July 2 and 3
July 4 spread
I had a bad run of migraines last week (four in a row!) and consequently, most of my art-making gave way to pain management.  I discovered though that this style of journaling is actually very welcoming in times of ill health.  It doesn't take a bunch of mental effort to dig through my bulging scrap box, choose something that pleases me and then glue it down.  If I was really suffering (migraines have a way of shutting down daily life if they get out of control), I saved my journaling and decisions about focal images until I had a bit more energy and tolerance of light.


I'm really having a grand time in this journal and as a result, I'm now behind in Mary Ann's class; she just posted the instructions for our third & fourth binding style and I haven't even attempted the journal from week 2.  However, the journaling is just pouring out of me right now and I feel I need to give that energy the proper attention.  I want to make sure I capture every bit of my renewed enthusiasm while it is flowing so freely.

If you want to see more from my Boogie journal, check out this set at Flickr.  Every page is shown there in order as it occurs in the journal... 

PS...My hand carved stamps for journaling are back in stock at my Etsy shop...thank you to everyone who popped in to take a peek!                         

5 comments:

  1. So happy you are able to journal through the pain. Your pages are beautiful, and you are right to expend the energy where it is needed in the moment. Take good care, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, and wow again! I'm sorry to hear about your migraines, but if this is what happens when they slow you down, I can't wait to see what you create when you're feeling great! Your pages are a feast!

    I'm just starting my second book, without migraines, so I can't say you're behind the curve. More like way out in front, if you ask me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so loving your journal! And your blog! I "pinned" your latest journal page just now. Just thought I'd let you know... ; )
    Great job!
    Lotus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe that you can create while suffering through migraine pain! You are AMAZING, and so is this journal. Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good : )
    Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...