Friday, July 1, 2011

A Celebration is Brewing!

It is almost unbelievable that it is now July and even more amazing, I blogged 28 days in June!!!  If you've followed this blog for any length of time or even if you've just arrived and skimmed through old posts, you'll notice that I've often been an inconsistent blogger.  However, I'm working to change that and the grand experiment will continue through July (with the shortest of holidays for Independence Day festivities).

I'll admit that some days, I have a hard time deciding what to write about but after much thought, I realized that there is one particular subject that I've always been passionate about and here at Lost Coast Post, all this month, that topic is going to become the center of attention.  It's going to be all about...

The key to creating unique, authentic art is retention of the mark of the artist in the work.  The marketplace is brimming (no, overflowing) with pre-fabricated supplies.  Turn right this minute and look at your own stash.  Yep. There it all is.  And there's nothing wrong with using any of it as long as you don't sacrifice your own voice in the process.  So in July, we're going to shake off our fears and play!  I'm developing this as I go along but there's a few things I know for sure:  We'll work on developing our lettering skills and we'll celebrate supplies and techniques that amplify our voice rather than muffle it.  And there will be giveaways since July also happens to be my birthday month!  What a co-inkydink!

I hope you'll join me here, beginning July 5th, for this mini blog event!  (On that day, I'll have more specifics about content and the posting schedule for "Artist's Hand" topics.)  Tell your friends! It would be great to have a bunch of people play along!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun!
    Emie

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like something I will love, and I will tell all my friends

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds intriguing. I'm in. :o) Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun, Michelle! I am looking forward to seeing what you have in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. July is looking like it's going to be a LOT of fun!!! I'm always interested in learning new "tricks"!!! Of course, I'll join in the fun, Michelle! And Happy B'day a bit early too!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...