Saturday, June 11, 2011

Under the Big Top: ICAD 7 Through 10

Microns, Inktense pencils, Sakura Gelly Rolls
Despite a surgical intermission, I'm proceeding right along with the "Index Card-a-Day" Challenge while incorporating my own spin (a focus on illustration on watercolor paper.)  Before the beginning of June, I sat down and developed a series of prompts that will cover 90 days worth of doodling, giving me a new focus every seven days (six days of drawing, one day of rest.)

The first of those prompts was "Mr. Roboto" which you can see here and here.  I loved every minute of creating mechanized men but I wasn't sure how far I would get on a single topic so I continued to follow my pre-destined prompts.  That brings us to "Under the Big Top."

These aren't bad but I don't feel the same fondness for these characters as I did the robots.  I think I've decided to explore the robot/space theme a bit more in some other way.  However, I will also continue to follow the index card ideas I've already set up for myself.  I think a regular refreshing of topic will keep me engaged better over the long term.  In addition, I think discomfort can be a good sign as it probably means I'm pushing out of my comfort zone.

3 comments:

  1. These are so adorable! Love the color, the subject, and the joy they project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Methinks the Lady is a bit too critical of herself!!! These little characters are darling, Michelle - especially the little elephant and the dancing pooch. Can't wait to see your interpretations of the remaining prompts. Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these characters! Great ideas for your index cards. Will be interested to see how you progress with these ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...