Friday, June 10, 2011

Putting on the Ritz

I expect that my cane is going to become my best friend over the next couple of months in the wake of Monday's left foot surgery and I know it will be necessary after surgery on my right foot (which is a much more complicated affair.)  However, its sterile, medical appliance look doesn't inspire me to hobble along with it so today's project is to revamp my cane with some decoupaged comic strips.  Once I get it completely covered, I'll top it off with a waterproof varnish.  The fact that this tedious project takes my mind off my throbbing foot is a bonus.

5 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike! My 3 year old recently broke his arm, so to make it more "fun" to have a cast, we've been decoupaging Thomas the Tank Engine pictures all over it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! I love the comics and I can see my fave (Zits) mom! Can't wait to see this all done.
    Keeping you in my prayers for a quick recovery.
    Lotus

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're going to have to use a cane, you might as well make it a more 'fun' accessory!!! Hope you have a relatively pain-free weekend! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah - making lemons into lemonade : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever idea. Once you don't need it any more, you can hang it for wall art! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished project!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...