Thursday, June 2, 2011

Index Card Challenge (ICAD) Begins with Robots

{DAYS 1 & 2}

I'm still sorting and resizing my zoo pictures so I thought now was as good as time as any to begin posting my doodles for Daisy Yellow's Index Card-A-Day challenge.  Tammy is going to be posting some great daily prompts in case you're at a loss for something to do with or on your humble index card so do hop on over and check out her ideas!

I decided to alter the challenge for myself in a couple of ways:
  • I'm going to try and stick with cartooning practice while participating in this...keep in mind that as per Daisy Yellow "rules" any media and method is fair game.  I felt that if I gave myself too much latitude, I'd get overwhelmed with possibilities.
  • I'm working on 140-lb cold press watercolor paper (at least for now) that I chopped down to index card size (3 by 5 inches).
  • I've developed a set of 15 doodle prompts to cover 90 days worth of the Index Card Challenge (ICAD).  That's a new prompt every 6 days with a break from the action on the 7th.
My self-imposed prompt for June 1st through June 6th is "Mr. Roboto" so hence the fanciful artificial intelligence you see here.  Robots are one of my favorite things to doodle since I'm a huge science fiction fan...

3 comments:

NaNa said...

Ohhh... I like your robots! Great idea!

Terri Kahrs said...

Loved the zoo pics AND I ADORE these little 'bots!!! Hmmmmm . . . . sticking to one theme - that's a novel idea! I'm only four days into this, and I'm overwhelmed already! I think I've gotta focus a bit and 'choose a subject'! Hugs, Terri xoxox

Jordan said...

I posted a link to this post on my blog here:

http://thecreativeartist-jordan.blogspot.com/2011/06/linky-monday-4.html

Hope you check it out!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...