Thursday, June 30, 2011

Hand Carved Journal Tools

My alter ego, Hand & Soul Studios has quietly reopened for business.  Originally, my plan was to build up a huge inventory and have a grand, stuffed-to-the-brim reopening but I'm really more of a little-bit-at-a-time gal.  The latter approach fits my life much better.

Anyhoo, new in the shop is some hand-carved goodness, perfect for visual journaling.  In fact, I developed this little line of images a couple months back after much online searching for vintage stationery items to use in my journals.  I was frustrated by runaway auction prices and limited availability and finally declared "Vintage Smintage!  I'm going to make my own!"  And that's precisely what I did.
 


I love using these stamps in my journal.  I can print them in traditional Dennison red or coordinate the label color however my wee heart desires.  I typically stamp on sticky paper that's been aged with a little golden-colored ink.  And if I mess up while writing or printing on the label? Not a problem!  I just make another!  And I happen to think these "labels" feel a little bit more personal than pre-fab ephemera.

Once I did labels, I decided I needed hand-carved numbers and that led to experimenting with other label ideas.  And once I made myself a set, I began to wonder if other people might be interested in such a thing.  So I carved and carved and today, I published the listings at my Etsy shop to test the waters.  I invite you to pop in over there and check things out.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, OMG! (Said while hopping up and down joyfully!) You just made my day! When I saw that you had re-opened your Etsy, I RAN over there to see what goodies you posted.
    Whoo-Hoo! I'm sooooo happy that I did, 'cuz now I'm going to be the proud owner of your # stamps!!! LOVE them, Michelle!
    Hope you have a terrific weekend! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have just stumbled upon your blog and it definitely looks like a place to revisit and linger. Thanks for the inspo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...