Friday, June 17, 2011

Boogie Update: 1st Journal Complete

Whew!  The whirlwind has finally died down and my first Full Tilt Boogie journal is complete!

The first picture shows the cover.  I'm not using a Victorian photo album simply because I don't have one and wanted to try and make do with what I have.  This fabric collage is sewn to paper and then mounted on the front cover of an old book.  I used the same technique for the back cover.  This makes the journal's covers soft and touchable but also rigid for strength and durability.  You can see a shot of the exposed binding in my previous post.





   
 
This is a shot of the interior of the journal.  I included pages from old books, scrapbook paper, and cool posters I have "appropriated" from bulletin boards around town.  I cannot wait to begin journaling in this!

4 comments:

  1. Michelle I LOVE your FTB Journal! I'm in the class too, and it's so inspiring to see that you already finished one! I am still trying to decide what to use for my cover. I love all your different papers and your rainbow colored binding twine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you did your cover-great way to use bits of fabric (esp if you hoard fabric like i do :) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your signatures for the FTB journal. I am in the class too. Just finished watching the videos, have decided on an album and going from there. Love the class although I knew I would. MAM is a great teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't wait to start journaling, and I can't wait to see the results!!! What an ingenious way to cover your journal -- very creative and clever. Hugs, Terri xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...