Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Beginning My Summer

Journal page from April 24, 2011
Whew!  What an eventful day!  I'm sliding my blog entry in here towards early evening Lost Coast time as I finally have a minute to breathe and collect my thoughts.

Yet another doctor's appointment began this Wednesday and then my son and I spent the rest of the morning and into mid-afternoon at our local zoo.  It is just a little bitty thing and really, nothing compares once you've been to the incredible San Diego Zoo but it is our zoo and  it made for an incredibly pleasant adventure.  The weather was miraculous: raining before we got there, clearing as we did our initial walkabout, pouring while we ate lunch on a covered patio and bursting into sunshine just as we began our second go-round... lovely.  Tomorrow I'll post some pictures but let me say right now: I am in love - head over heels crazy in love - with red pandas!  I could've watched them all day doing nothing but climbing trees and munching grass.

The balance of the afternoon was spent battling the payday hordes at the grocery store and then recovering from our outing.  I have packed these days leading up to my surgery with errands, cooking, housecleaning, and general life business so when I'm forced to stay in one spot for one to two weeks, I won't go bonkers.  O.K...I'll probably go a little bonkers anyway but at least I won't have to cook or clean with a bum foot.  Embracing a bit of chaos now might guarantee some inner calm in the future...that's the theory.

1 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

Someone once said that "life is what happens when you least expect it"!!! Good luck with getting everything planned -- I'm sure that you'll appreciate all of the errands, etc. that you've accomplished after your surgery is completed. Hugs, TErri xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...