Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Today's Project

Despite the silence here at my long-suffering blog, my studio has actually been humming with fairly consistent activity. 

On deck today: construction of a new journal.  In January, I started up a new "daily diary" in a purchased watercolor sketchbook but very early on, I realized that I was completely unhappy with the format.  It just felt...impersonal... and that nagging feeling persisted every time I tried to work in it.  So I tore out all the pages I had painted (you can see the stack there under the book cover) and today I'm going to make a more inviting (and personal) journal.

More and more, it is becoming extremely important to me to follow and honor my creative impulses.  I haven't always been very good at that.  However, even through all bouncing from project to project and the crazy flood of ideas that just won't recede, a certain calm is settling into my bones.  It has been a long time in coming.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back!! I'll be looking forward to seeing what you come up with for your cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to follow your new journey! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...