Thursday, May 5, 2011

Spiraling Outward into the Light

 
 This snapshot describes recent weeks in the studio perfectly: lots and lots of time spent at the sewing machine.  I am crazy in love with free motion quilting!  I especially enjoy quilting in circles and so since the muse seems particularly drawn to circles right now...round and round I go.

This also perfectly summarizes my focus as of late:  after a long (and I mean really long) hiatus, Hand & Soul Studios will reopen in late May.  After my wrist fusion in February 2008, I essentially shut down the career side of my art life.  I've had a couple small art shows in the intervening years but otherwise, I've been completely focused on nurturing my health: mental, physical, emotional and so on.  Ironically, in turning inward so intently, I realized a deep-seated desire to be more "outward" in my life.  It is something I have to work pretty hard at because my comfort zone is in reclusion.  But working at it I am and manifesting a career is part of moving out into the light.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about that wrist fusion, but if you need it, you need it, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving all your circles 'round and 'round. Such juicy, yummy colors too! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...