Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Join Me for 90 Days of a Lost Coast Summer!

"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."
            Albert Camus

With the passing of Memorial Day, I feel like it is finally here: the summer of 2011!  I have decided to pack the next three months with memories: big and small, one-of-a-kind and mundane, artsy and ordinary.  And you, dear readers, are invited to join me for...

90 Days
of
Lost Coast
Summer Adventures!!!

You see, I have this grand notion:  blog for 90 days...in a row!  I can see the heads shaking and the eyebrows raising already.  In fact, my sweet son is giving me that exact reaction right now.  I realize that this is a long shot; Lost Coast Post certainly isn't known for its consistency.  I'm very good at dropping off the map.  But I want to change that and it is never too late to try.  Never ever!

So here and now, I am declaring my mission:  I will document every day here on the Lost Coast, beginning June 1st and continuing through to September 1st.  Some posts may be long and detailed; other entries may consist of simply a snapshot and caption.  Some posts will be devoted to the grand re-opening of Hand & Soul Studios; others will be tutorials, reviews and whatnot.  I suspect a giveaway or two will pop up.  Whatever form and theme it takes, in 90 days, I will build a set of bright, inspirational summer memories that will buoy me up during the long, gray days of winter.  Maybe along the way, you too will find something to carry with you into the future.

It is important to say that I am not planning anything out of the ordinary - no expensive trips or once-in-a-lifetime events.  This will be me celebrating the ordinary, the cheap, the simple.  I hope to sharpen my observation skills and practice finding joy in the everyday.  I have several ongoing art challenges to inspire me, including this one, so between Lost Coast life and my artist life, I should have plenty of material to fuel 90 days worth of posts.  That said, I have no delusions that this will be easy; cheerleading will be gladly accepted!

Note:  There will be one slight deviation from this plan.  June 1st to September 1st actually equals 93 days.  Although I may opt to schedule posts, I am planning to briefly pause my blog mission June 6th through June 8th to allow for foot surgery and doctor-mandated down time (foot elevated & no weight-bearing).  Unseen complications from this procedure are the only possible sure-fire roadblock to my 90 day blog plan but I never go into a surgery planning for the worst so until those problems crop up, I'm moving forward with my summer!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my, here in western Oregon, it has been wet and chilly all weekend, and more of the same is expected for the week. It's much like winter, only greener, and the gray days last longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frankly, My Dear . . . . I'm looking forward to daily posts from you!!! Hell . . . . I'd even settle for once a week1!! LOL!!! You know that I'm one of your bigtgest fans. Good luck with the upcoming surgery. Hugs, Terri xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...