Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Gearing Up for an Index Card a Day

I'll be honest:  I suck at "Do a (fill in the blank) a Day" challenges.  However, I persist in attempting them because I think a daily art habit is essential to being an artist that continues to evolve over time, an artist who isn't afraid of beginnings because in truth, he/she never really stops.

Over at the wonderful blog Daisy Yellow, Tammy is looking for participants to take up her "Index-Card-A-Day" challenge.  I'll let you wander over there for all the details (you'll find lots of other lovely goodness at Daisy Yellow if you do some browsing) but it is super simple: art up an index card a day for June, July and August.

I love index cards for list-making and note-taking but I just knew that the paper would drive me crazy in the long term so I cut down some cold press watercolor paper into "index cards."  And then I remembered that I had a tiny journal project from way back, just sitting in a dusty card file so I dug those out too.  I'm going to give this challenge a whirl, especially since it is a great adjunct to my 90 days of blogging goal.  If I have nothing else to ramble on about, I'll at least have an index card worth of art to share.  Wish me luck...

2 comments:

  1. I've decided to join Tammy's challenge too, and for exactly the same reasons as yours!!! Great minds must think alike, Michelle! After all, it's only one little card a day. Wonder how many I'll have by the end of the project!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super happy that you {and Terri} are going to play along with the ICAD challenge. This is totally doable, and I will throw in a bunch of prompts to help along the way!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...