Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Taking Time to Sort Out a New Toy

I've been quiet lately because I got a new camera and I've been joyfully snapping pictures everywhere.  Upgrading from a three-megapixel to a 14-megapixel is thrilling!  I have gladly left behind the digital camera Stone Age.

The pictures all need further manipulation and resizing in Photoshop and my learning curve is steep (practically vertical).  I often figure things out accidentally (after hours of fussing around), only to promptly forget how to recreate the desired outcome.  It just takes time, focus and repetition...and lots of Internet research and note-taking.

I look forward to posting more pictures of Lost Coast life and my studio activities now that I have some technology capable of capturing things in better detail.

Credit for the digital frame goes to Andrea Rascaglia from Rome, Italy...

2 comments:

  1. Your life will never be the same, Michelle! I've got Photoshop Elements installed, and after many hours of tearing my hair and cursing like a sailor, I've finally got a decent understanding of it. Persistence pays off!!!! Enjoy the journey!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore digital photography and photoshop, and I hope you will too. It's magical! You said it well - the learning curve is steep. It took about a year of practice to feel confident and yet I've just scratched the surface.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...