Sunday, January 16, 2011

Challenge Check-In: Tiny Art, Big Pain


"Through the Yarrow" & "Pause"
watercolor

As indicated in my previous post, this past week was dominated by migraines and as I find it very difficult to make art when the mere sensation of light is agony, I accomplished little in the way of art journaling with one exception: every day, I doodled and watercolored a calendar inchie.  I'd like to reveal the whole lot at the end of the month rather than giving it to you piecemeal so I'll illustrate this drive-by challenge check-in with two more little watercolor landscapes I completed on-the-spot at a local wildlife preserve.

The watercolor techniques class that I took last semester rekindled my adoration of watercolor (especially when combined with pen & ink) and I find myself exploring this medium on a daily basis.  It is so much more flexible than acrylics when it comes to journaling and when used correctly, the colors can be quite vibrant and luminous.

Hopefully, I will feel better this coming week and some more in-depth studio time will be easier to manage.  The new college semester starts up on Tuesday so there will be lots of busyness associated with getting my son settled into his spring routine.  I hope everyone has a restful and creative weekend.  Here's to art, no matter the challenge!

2 comments:

  1. Love these little studies and can't wait to see your inchies! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little watercolours - hope your migraines have passed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...