Sunday, January 30, 2011

Challenge Check-In: A Banner Week

This was an excellent week for me in terms of art and health.  I live a life of ebbs and flows and even after years of experience, I still struggle to accept it.  But it is what it is and so I move forward whenever I feel the road steady beneath my feet.

As always, there was my "Daily Diary" to attend to and although I continue to combine entries here and there, it is up-to-date, filled with scraps, stickers, doodles, lists, whining, celebrating and general observations about my days.  I don't show full scans of this journal here at LCP simply because I'm sure you would find my meandering musings deathly boring.  And a girl has to keep some things close to her heart...

My daily inchie project is also current and oh, so close to completion.  On Tuesday, February 1st, I'll post a scan of all 31 doodles and begin work on a new month of tiny art.  In the back of my brain, I'm still worried about the inspiration losing its fizzle like a long-opened can of soda but I guess I'll tackle that issue if and when it arises.

And I am delighted to say that I started a new painting.  It has been a long, long time since I worked on canvas and it felt really good to dig into the gesso and acrylics.  I have two large shows booked for 2011 and I need to figure out my theme and approach soon.  Since my wrist fusion in 2008, I've leaned really heavily into art journaling and I've found it hard to go back to canvas and the "production line."  So I began at the beginning.  I'm not sure where this background will lead but I am enjoying the journey.

Don't forget to tune in tomorrow for my "One World One Heart" post and the opportunity to win a piece of my art!  Can't wait for that to go live!  See you then!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...