Thursday, December 16, 2010

Coming Up for Air

Well, the last month of college hijacked both life and the computer as my boy had four papers and so, so many tests to complete before he was able to sign off on his first semester of school.  He still has one last final due tomorrow and then we can breathe a huge sigh of relief and relaxation for about a month.  For my part, I also had final projects and portfolios due in my watercolor class so the Lost Coast homestead has been humming with frenetic energy. 

I've been journaling in between painting assignments and have discovered that as my days become crazier, my pages get simpler.  This page from November 24 ended up with this absolutely beautiful background and though I intended to tinker with it beyond the painted tree, I fell in love with the minimalist quality and just walked away happy.  Every so often, it is nice to have a more "reserved" page to rest one's eyes upon in the middle of a highly detailed journal.

In other news, check out the new, fresh look for Lost Coast Post!  It was high time I dusted off my barely serviceable Photoshop skills and banged out a new banner and once I got going, I managed some matching buttons.  Then, I had to relinquish the computer to the scholar in the family for some more ponderings on string theory, Voyager 2, computer use among school groups and the societal commentary in George Romero movies!  I have to say...as much as I love being a student, I don't miss the term papers days one bit!

4 comments:

  1. The header is great and the buttons are super fun. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the new banner AND those new buttons too! So happy to hear that it's time for a bit of well deserved relaxation! Holiday Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your journal page. it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, that's gorgeous! I'm delighted that you'll be participating in Art Journal Every Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...