Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Bounty of Distractions...

...are keeping me from my playtime (and blogging obviously).  Let's review:
  • Struggling through the first (and thankfully usually the only) upper respiratory ick of the school year...I swear all I have to do is walk past the school and I get sick...every single time...
  • Planning and prepping my class for 50 middle schoolers (starts tomorrow - yikes!)
  • Starting back to college with an art class ("Techniques in Watercolor") to supplement my degree (and to force some regular art time)...
  • Getting my newly 18 year-old son settled into a college routine of his own while he is also miserable with afore-mentioned ick...(he's a trooper though and I am very proud of him!) 
  • Sewing and painting furiously for an art show to hang in November/December...with every stitch I think "What was I thinking & is it too late to switch gears!?!"
  • Booking two more shows for 2011 and wondering when the crazy impulse to overschedule will subside...
  • Considering joining a local artists' collective...it would mean I'd have to build a large stash of work with a consistent look...hmmmm...
  • Visiting family so I can get in some snuggling time with my baby nephew!
  • Cleaning like a woman possessed for annual housing inspections...I will be sooo glad when those are over! (A ream of paperwork precedes those appointments so there's that too...)
  • Chasing and chastising my neurotic & naughty marmalade boy while trying protect calico girl from his shenanigans...this is also prompting a few "What was I thinking!?!" moments...
AND just this morning...
  • Moving furniture in the studio so apartment maintenance can get the old, tired stove out and a new, much more cooperative stove upstairs and into place...can't wait to bake in something with a reliable thermostat!  Oh, and dials with the numbers not rubbed off!  (It's the little things, people!)
Lost Coast Post will return to its regular (well, semi-regular) broadcasts on Monday, September 13...hope all is well (and frantic-free) for you and yours!  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Love your hand piece Michelle, the background is luscious!
    Sending you healing prayers, and hope all your endeavors run smoothly from hear on out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah!!! You've certainly got a LOT on your plate, Michelle! I'm sooo happy that you're teaching again this year, but sorry to hear of your bout with the "ick". Hope you feel better soon. And . . . good for you for going back to school too! You can your handsome son can compare "notes"!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...