Sunday, November 22, 2009

What I Learned This Week

  • My marmalade baby Marley taught some fool human before me to let him drink out of faucets instead of bowls like proper cats so whenever he hears water running in the house, he comes running and hops up on the counter begging for water.  This is proving to be a very difficult habit to break...
  • I probably will never have a quiet moment alone in the bathroom ever again as both Tuscany and Marley have separation anxiety and feel they must supervise all operations in said bathroom...
  • Owning one cat is like owning an elephant; owning two cats is like owning the whole damn herd!
  • A herd of elephants will likely run you over if you don't get out of the way...
  • All it takes to lift my spirits is a torrential downpour.  I hope it pours buckets whilst I am on Thanksgiving break...
  • Although my break is ostensibly for relaxing, I have a ton of things to do and I hope I can be at least moderately productive in the coming week...
  • Last Minute Lesson:  I'd forgotten how tiny new humans can be.  I got to meet my nephew yesterday, just a mere 12 hours after he made his grand entrance onto the planet...welcome sweet baby boy!

6 comments:

  1. Your What I Have Learned report had me giggling and snickering.
    Louie, my orange tabby has a habit of racing over the dining room table when we are eating. Our family is used to this and it only lasts for a second as he flies over the dishes to the other end of the table.
    I seldom entertain for dinner anymore so I forgot this behavior when I had some women friends over for a potluck. Louie did his speed run across the table and one lady was so horrified that she got up, dumped the food off her plate and emptied the serving bowls, claiming that everything had been contaminated with "CAT!!". I was horrified at both of them. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like loads of fun to me! They remind us we are alive!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your weekly report made me chuckle, Michelle! I can just imagine your puzzled expression when Marley began to drink from the faucet. Sounds like you've got your hands full. Now I know where the expression "herding cats" got it's start! LOL! Have a wonderful week, and I hope that it pours buckets and buckets for you! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could send you some of our rain, there is nothing like a damp cat pummelling your lap and puncturing your thighs!! Lov em.

    ReplyDelete
  5. our kitten, margo polo, is a faucet drinker, too. they call maine coons the water cat, and that's what margo is. the first day we brought her home she leapt into her water bowl and had a party. i cannot take a bath anymore without her sitting on the side of tub swatting bubbles, drinking water, and flicking her wet paws in the air thus splattering my face. and yes on the herd of elephants! some morning i am almost upended as i attempt to come down the stairs. imagine adding a puppy to the mix! we're getting one next weekend. i am hoping i survive! 'miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a nice looking blog you have here. i wish i could just get mine to look like this.

    http://www.jakxxx.com
    http://avilesnews.flux.com
    http://jose-aviles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...