Saturday, November 14, 2009

What I Learned This Week


  • Some weeks there doesn't seem much to glean as it is all about survival to the weekend...and then to the next weekend and so forth and so on...
  • I was weary of the holiday season starting back in August; this may be a Scrooge year...
  • The monkeys and squirrels seem particularly sensitive to my weariness and feed off it like vultures...
  • Thanksgiving week will be a welcome respite...
  • My obsession with Teesha Moore continues unabated and I will let it run its course to see where it may lead no matter how much self-doubt trails along behind...
  • My doodling skills are quite rusty...
  • There are a lot of supplies and skills that I've left to rust and I really feel that I must do something about that...
  • Once my favorite place to haunt, I realized that I now hate scrapbook stores and all the neat, predetermined looks they advertise as "must-haves."  Fine art stores are much more supportive of real soul expression...
  • My soul is in serious need of authentic expression.  I feel some humdinger New Year's resolutions forming in my head...

4 comments:

  1. Michelle!!!! Your supplies and skills show NO signs of rust! Your skills are exceptional, and I am thankful everytime I see a new creation from you, as you are so VERY inspiring to me! A New Year's resolution for all of us should include to be not quite so critical of oneself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have gray skies in your area? Boy does that do a number on my upbeat attitude. Sinks like a concrete brick.
    I have to admit that I LOVE my scrapbook paper but that I also tear the heck out of it, paste it on my first layer and usually cover most of it up with paint. You can still see bits and pieces of it, which is all I really want anyway.
    Let Zetti take you off to far lands. I have an alter ego, Zetti Corky that is a Time Traveler. When I really need to escape I work on missives from him, back to the "recording secretary of Zetti Affairs". It's quite fun and makes Zetti more my style. I think there is still a link for my Z'Corkey's blog on my blog. Anyway, have a (((((Big hug))))) and go create! :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Michelle, I am THRILLED that you're currently Teesha obsessed! Please, please, pretty please, let it carry you away to new artistic realms. Wallow in it; embrace it! It SUITS you and thrills and delights your followers. Hugs & Love, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am an organge cat lover and found your post very entertaining. I will remember you when I set up my Christmas tree this year. Great journal page too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...