Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Restless


For me, 2009 hasn't been a bad year...not spectacular but not bad either.  However, I am really looking forward to the turning of an old year into new and the fresh start it represents.  In fact, I sort of wish we could just skip right past the intervening holidays and get down to the business of ringing in the new year.  Over time, New Year's Eve has become one of my favorite days;  I love the concept of resolutions and take the making and keeping of resolutions quite seriously.  That feeling of renewal is something I start craving right about now.  The approaching holidays feel oppressive rather than joyous.  It is a mindset I am trying to shake.  Maybe things will lighten up on Friday as Thanksgiving break starts and I'll be able to relax for a few days straight.  That should definitely help.  It will also feel good to hang my last art show of the year on December third; I'm ready to move on to new explorations and themes.  This feeling of restlessness is almost overwhelming.  It flutters around in my tummy and rattles my brain.  I tell myself to breathe, to take each day one at a time but I am ever so impatient.  Each week feels impossibly long and every weekend unbelieveably short.  Yes, I am definitely ready for a break...

5 comments:

  1. Love your pages, I hope next year will bring you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw opened your post and saw your new page, I immediately thought "someone needs a bit of a break". You're almost to Thanksgiving break - just a few more days - and then you can trade monkeys and squirels in for kitties and rest! Love & Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The holiday season has, in my lifetime, always been a stressful, hectic. The only way I have found to "switch" gears is to take the giving part of the holiday message and turn it towards helping perfect strangers. It meant finding creative ways to reach out to women and children in my community that could use a little extra attention, from a lap quilt of bright colors to the Children's hospital, to reading seasonal books at the library, donating some time at a local nursing home, etc. Each year I tried to find something different to focus my attention on.
    That said, I do love the idea of a fresh start, new year and new beginnings. Have a nice rest. Get those idea perking about new directions. THINK LARGE allow whatever the universe has to offer you. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm, I never get everything I want to say in this little tiny space! I am not a big fan of surgery. I am a big fan of quality of life. From some one who has had two foot surgeries and two knee replacements in two years I would say have the surgery. If it means you can get around easier without pain and discomfort then please try to schedule it. I put off knee surgery for 10 years and I regret that I waited so long. (((((((thinking healing thoughts for you))))))))) :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have such similar thouhts and feelings like you Michelle, but I fight them constantly! You make wonderful creations out of them! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...