Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Rain Came Down...


...and with the downpour, my spirits rose.  There's something about the relentless patter of rain that I find deeply comforting and inspiring.  Maybe it is a sort of white noise for my soul, drowning out all the hectic thoughts and doubts.  As the kitties stretched their toes before the heater, worn out from their usual morning play session, I settled into the studio, excited for the first time in days by a torrent of new ideas.  Of course, I should've been working on canvases for the December show but I felt that while the inspiration was flowing, I should follow it wherever it led.  What resulted was a series of small collaged canvases (5 inches square) on which I applied some of the journaling techniques I've been playing with lately.  I am excited by this concept and feel that the roots for a new show (or at least new work) have been planted.  I'm still very much in the experimental stage, trying to find my way through a wilderness of possibilities.  However, somehow I am confident that the path lies ahead.  I pop open a virtual umbrella and skip through the rain, delighting in the ideas falling from my brain.  

5 comments:

  1. I'm delighted too to see that your brain is raining fresh works of art! Loooove them Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo-Hoo! You're baaaack! Amazing what a little "soul cleansing" water will do! These are wonderful, Michelle. Both are full of your sense of playfulness and joy. I agree with Sharon - I, too, Looove them!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. Quiet moments, allowing the soul to sing and then ZOOOOOOOOOOOOom look at you! :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rain here in the UK usually means chill, dull and confinement so it is refreshing to read your enjoymnet of our rather too common weather at this time of year. Love the pages as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pages are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...