Thursday, November 5, 2009

Happy Is As Happy Does


It is day 5 of Art Every Day Month and I'm cruisin' right along.  In between four loads of laundry and a kitchen full of dirty dishes, I am doing some journaling on Zetti pages that I've completed otherwise.  These pages have been so much fun to do but I have to keep reminding myself not to over-contemplate things and just clip, glue, go!  The borders seem to come together in a jiffy but constructing the characters is a much more tedious process.  So much material to choose from...so many options...so much digging around in the stash for the perfect image.  I guess that the more I do it, the faster I'll get but for now it seems to take forever for a character to form. 

According to the weatherman, there's a big rainstorm is rolling in off the Pacific and I hope that's the case as I adore the sound of rain.  I sleep better, I work better, I feel better when a little bit of precipitation falls down around me and I can stay inside with some coffee, a good movie, and uninterrupted art time.  Sigh!  That sounds absolutely delicious!

6 comments:

  1. Your journaling does amaze me Michelle!! Soooo much detail! I am glad that I am not the only one who thinks I have to spend too much time digging through papers to find the "just right" componenets, I thought I was alone. You make it look effortless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having had a go at figure building I can appreciate how long getting this one together took. Hope you are refreshed after some rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, Sharon's right . . . you DO make this look effortless. But more importantly, you make it look like pure FUN!!! I've been working and agonizing over Zetti figures all week. I understand the process of "finding the right piece" all too well. LOL!!! I hope there's just enough rain to soothe your creative soul! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your Zettite. What fun. I hope it rains so you can stay inside and play. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your journal pages are works of wonder, Michelle. I love to come visit and see what you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle, I hope this finds you well and 'arting' your little heart out...I am new to art journaling(and also face some daunting health issues) and by-chance discovered your blog!!! I love your pages and can see some of my own journal page flavor in yours!! I, too, Love the ransom note look and an element or two I see in your pgs. can be found in some of my own!! Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...