Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Happiness is a Warm Journal


Wow!  Welcome to Wednesday!  The week is almost halfway over and not a peep from me since last Friday!  Those of you who care may ask yourselves "Now what has that girl gone and gotten herself into?"  "What is shakin' over at Lost Coast Post?"  Well, this year's Art Every Day Month started out with a bang on Sunday, November 1 and thanks to Miz Teesha Moore, Hand and Soul Studios has been rockin' and rollin' ever since.  As you may know (the art journaling world seems sort of abuzz about it), Teesha has posted a series of videos over at her blog and on YouTube showing how she journals step-by-step.  FOR FREE!  Talk about a gift!  As a long time fan, I am thrilled to pieces and am completely enthralled with journaling all over again!  Do these pages I've been creating follow and mimic Teesha's stuff?  Yup.  Am I worried about not having my own voice or look?  Nope.  Do I care?  Nope.  Not one teeny tiny bit.  'Cause I'm having so much fun!  I figure Teesha isn't worried all that much about it either.  I have about 12 journals in varying stages of completition (besides the one above) and those journals are very much "me."  Hell, I think that even my "a la Teesha" pages are "me" as my eyes, brain and hands assembled them.  My heart gets poured out onto the pages.  I'm not out to teach a class in the techniques I pick up from Teesha nor do I plan to sell my work.  I plan to play my brains out.  I want to slip into some sort of collage trance with bits of paper softly drifting down down around me, remnants of a paper clipping blizzard.  I plan to lose all my pens a thousand times in the disaster I now call my studio table.  I intend to find them again and doodle, doodle, doodle until my fingers stiffen around the barrels like claws.  Then I'll take my paint-splashed self and collaspe, exhausted, wrapped in the sheer bliss that follows a fabulously frantic day of art-making.  And then I plan on doing it all again tomorrow...   

6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely fantastic Michelle!! I'm glad that you have come back from your short absence with a BANG!! Your voice sounds energetic and enthusiastic, and we all know that comes out in your art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, YES! I've soooo missed you! I was beginning to think that we "lost" Lost Coast Post! LOL! And then you post this awesome journal page that totally rocks the house with happiness and that special Michelle touch! Totally Rocks the House!!!

    I, too, loved Teesha's videos and have watched them several times. They're SUCH a gift!!! Isn't it fun to play just for the sake of playing!!! Revel in it, Girfriend!!! Hugs & Love, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! The most important thing is to journal. Love YOUR page. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I to am glad you are back, i have been watching teeshas videos over and over, made a journal, now to paint and collage. I see your style in that page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a cold grey Thursday here, so your post is a ray of sunshine - love the free and easy pen work (note to self, must loosen up)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure a legion of us have watched Teesha's videos, and been inspired. Mostly I do digital, but the sheer joy of creating Teesha-type pages is shared by all of us who attempt our own zetti style. You're absolutely right, we may start with Teesha style, but we put our own imprint on our pages. Joi de vivre!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...