Monday, October 12, 2009

The Witches Have Arrived


As the weather cools down and the leaves begin to swirl, I start to get in the mood for the most Zetti holiday of all - Halloween!  While I spied Halloween merchandise in the craft stores by late June, it seems only natural to play in orange, purple, and black when the quilts come out of the linen closet and icy lemonade gives way to hot tea with cinnamon sticks.  Over at My ARTistic Life, Helga is hosting a challenge asking artists to create something with an inchie attached.  Given the option of using a 4x4-inch or ATC format to feature the inchie, I ran with the trading card idea and created my first little piece of the fall season.  With a jeweled flower pinned to her quite stylish purple pointed hat, this witchy woman is ready for October frights and flights. 

6 comments:

  1. Your beautiful witch just cast a spell over my morning! She's absolutely lovely and so indicative of the season. Last night I slept with an extra blanket, so I can relate to "quilts coming out of the closet"! Happy Monday, Michelle! Hugs & Love, Terri xoxo

    PS I love the idea of adding an inchie to a piece - it's like a special little bonus! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea Michelle....I love your witch, but I think I love the "Boo" even more. Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun ATC. Just right for this season. We actually had a few snowflakes on Sat. now that is not normal. Usually our highs for now are in the 60s. I WANT MY FALL BACK. Love the Boo. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has to be the prettiest witch I've seen so far! Love the classy little inchie you've tucked on there as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous ATC, Michelle! Thanks so much for playing in this fun art challenge! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...