Thursday, October 22, 2009

Two Twinchies and a Mini Mona


After making those Paris-themed inchies for a swap, I realized how much I've missed working small...really small...and so after a cup of coffee and toast at 4:30am, I managed an inchie of dear, sweet-faced Mona, and just to spice things up, two butterfly "twinchies" (2-inch square art)....all before my son crawled out of bed at 5:30.  If I didn't have an intervening physical therapy appointment, I think I'd play straight through to evening.  I've decided that I'm going to make a bunch of these little pieces of art and then color-copy them at Staples to make my own collage sheet.  Won't that be fun?  I'd also forgotten how much I love to make up my own collage sheets and so I'm on a mission to create a Hand & Soul Studios image collection.  Anahata Katkin had these themed collage image books some while back (she discontinued them last year or the year before that) and while I coveted them, I never made the investment because I didn't want to use so much of someone else's stuff in my own work.  But if I make my own???  Too cool! I know exactly what types of images and symbols I like to use over and over again in my work and I'll be able to tailor my collage sheets directly to what I'm always looking for in collage material.  And going through the process of making art for collage sheets will ensure I have plenty of little projects to do when AEDM starts up in November.  Wheee!  Off to hunch over my work table some more!

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of your own collage sheet. I've done that for some of my favorite images that I like to use in my work. It's handy and it makes you feel good too. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love em Michelle! Great idea.....hunch away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hear the excitement in your voice! You GO, Girl! Have a super weekend! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...