Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Parisians & AEDM


Sometimes, all I have time for is a tiny bit of art, what with all the dishes, laundry, kitty snuggling, parenting, teaching of monkeys, and necessary self-care so I don't crash and burn.  And I do mean tiny art:  here's 6 Paris-themed inchies (one-inch square art) I managed to create this morning in between getting the boy out the door for school and lunchtime.  I used to do inchies all the time before my hand surgery and now, with my wrist fused, it can be quite a challenge to pick such little things up off the table.  But, as always, I managed and I love the results.  I have a feeling that when Art Every Day Month starts up in a mere ten days, I'll be playing around a lot more with inchies.  They are a great way to get in some art time without a huge commitment.  And on that note...if you are joining me for AEDM in November, remember that you do NOT have to start and finish a piece every single day.  The guideline is just that you work on something artsy each day in the month.  As the coordinator of AEDM, Leah Piken Kolidas states, this is a "low-pressure challenge."  Art is how you define it and could range from painting to knitting to a home-cooked meal to singing in the shower.  If you miss a day, just start again the next.  Besides making a little art every day, I'm planning on using November to live loudly and proudly as an artist, something that is really hard for me.  That'll mean wearing handmade jewelry, brightening up the wardrobe, using the purses and bags that I've made, artist dates...just coming out of the studio, so to speak.  What will committing to art every day inspire you to do?

5 comments:

  1. Ooo-la-la! Lots of fun and wonder in such a little space! They're adorable! Can't believe you can make something so wonderful so early in the morning! Kudos & Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So tiny and so packed with delightful things to look at. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an adorable little masterpiece! And in the morning....that doesn't happen here, uhhh, maybe 1 or 2 am in the morning is more like it for me! You are wonder woman I think!! You are slowly talking me in to AEDM....thinking.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, I love that you'll be using November to live loudly and proudly as an artist! Yay! Looking forward to playing and creating with you next month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oo la la indeed. Lovely little works of art.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...