Monday, October 5, 2009

Neighborhood Construction Finished


Well, this photo should be admitted into the "Bad Photo Hall of Fame" but it is all I've got of my new art show entitled "Facades," now hanging at a local furniture store.  That wall is actually a rich buttercream yellow and it always makes the color in my work pop!  There are 20 pieces total (more are hanging on another wall) and I am quite happy with the way it turned out.  The reception is this Friday evening during the monthly art walk event in my town and the work will remain up during October.  Next up is a post-wrist fusion retrospective to hang at my physical therapy office in November & December.  Then, also in December, "Facades" is scheduled to be installed at an antique lighting and furniture store in a neighboring city that also hosts a monthly art event.  Despite everything that has slammed me in recent weeks, I am, slowly but surely, seeing things through.  It has not been easy and some issues are still very much unresolved but it feels good to see my work out in the bright lights of the world...   

4 comments:

  1. I am sooo glad to see your work out in the bright lights of the world too...it looks fantastic...you should be very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I bet you just get a big smile on your face when you see it hanging there. I know I would. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on this beautiful installation, Michele! How I wish I could see your colorful pieces against that buttery yellow wall. I am thrilled for you! Hugs & Love, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOOD LUCK, Michelle! I know you will have a GREAT show! Wish I could join you :)
    Hugs to you,
    Tami

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...