Thursday, October 15, 2009

Miles To Go


Our mild fall weather has turned dark and stormy with rain periodically beating down upon the roof, bringing a lovely, soothing sound to this loft-like apartment.  The little green & copper tree frogs are singing along to the rhythm of the rain, thrilled that their world has suddenly turned so damp.  These are snuggle-in-bed days but I'm due to teach the ins and outs of focal points this afternoon to my high school students.  We are (finally) finishing up our unit on design elements and principles and the kids are sooo ready to move on to stamp carving and printing.  And frankly, so am I.  I have so many things on my plate right now and so many more things waiting in the wings for time to bring them to fruition. All I need is time and focus and energy and...time.  Sigh!  I just have to trust that my dreams will wait patiently for me to catch up. 

5 comments:

  1. What a delightful post. I wish I could come and sit in on the class. What a great way to spend a dreary day. Of course, I think all teachers are angels here on earth.
    So don't mind me if I keep looking at your back for wings. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, each piece I see of yours is my new favorite....this one is magical! I think you should find someone to publish a book of yours, you have a vast array of pieces, all incredible! BTW, from what I have seen, your dreams have never failed you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was in high school many moons ago, a wonderful English teacher introduced us to Robert Frost - at the time he was our nation's Poet Laureate. This is my most favorite poem - matter of fact, I just quoted it recently on our trip to Acada National Park. When I saw the lush wonder of those gorgeous woods, my eyes filled with tears and those beautiful words came to mind.

    Ahhh . . . the wonder of waiting dreams! You, My Dear, have a way of making dreams come true - for yourself and for many others. It's a lovely gift that you give of yourself when you publish your beautiful pages for us to enjoy. We are seeing your wings in action!

    I'm glad that you're enjoying the rhythm of the rain - it's a respite in a hurried and pressured schedule. Love, Blessings & Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sleepy dreamy page to match your post.

    So cool that you are teaching high school students stamp carving and printing. I want to go to a high school like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blows me away my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...