Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hibernating & Incubating


I've taken a bit of a break from blogging this past week to enjoy a small vacation from teaching while the middle and high school students are on a weeklong school trip to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival.  It has turned out to be an important time to get the house back in order, to rest and recover from the remaining vestiges of the flu, and to incubate fresh, new ideas for artwork.  The weather has turned cold and grey which is perfect for encouraging a lack of errand-running, something that eats up my energy.  So I've been curled up on the couch beneath a mountain of blankets, sketching and note-taking, sipping acai tea, and nibbling on mint Milano cookies.  Plans for new work are taking shape, slowly but surely, even as I continue to work on the "old" stuff for the November and December shows.  I am regaining my feet after being swept off of them by a particularly nasty fibromyalgia flare-up.  Of course, the minute I get all rested up, it'll be time to get back to teaching.  So I am enjoying this respite while I can... 

4 comments:

  1. Aaah, the couch, the warm blankets and quilts, the hot tea, the mint cookies, I was practially right there with you. Sorry about the flare up, it's a very painful illness. I have a couple of friends who suffer from it. Enjoy yourself, keep creating it's good for the soul. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just picture you all cuddled up like a bug in a rug like a sweet, little butterfly sitting in a cocoon just waiting 'til the time is right to fly again! I'm so happy you have a little bit of time to rest, recuperate and regenerate. Life has been dishing out more than you can fit on your plate over the past few months. Take care, My Sweet Friend. Feel better! Love & Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think of you daily Michelle, always hoping good things for you, but I know you are of strong will. Sometimes the body does not cooperate. Like everyone else, your description of the couch, tea, cookies and blankets takes me right there....keep doing what you do...you do it wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your site daily, just wanted to say, I really enjoy your site, and your art

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...