Monday, September 14, 2009

She of the Luminous Eyes


I am slowly getting better, recovering from a fast-acting cold/flu bug that hopped on board the first day back to teaching.  I felt well enough yesterday to manage a load of laundry, three days worth of dishes and some lovely time in the studio working in Kelly's circle journal.  I can't tell you how good it felt to get the brushes swirling around again.  I've been all about teaching prep the last couple of weeks and my paints have become dusty, my water cup dry as a bone, and my brushes stiff with neglect.  However, all my supplies welcomed me back in an instant.  My big challenge, now that I'm back in the classroom, is to find a balance between being an art teacher and being an artist.  The two are in no way mutually exclusive but one can certainly overtake the other and to be truly happy, I must find a way to make these two paths run parallel.

4 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

Hearing that you're feeling better - especially well enough to do laundry and dishes made my feel so much better. But hearing that you found time and felt well enough to pick up your brushes made my heart sing!

It IS a juggling act that you've undertaken - teacher vs. artist time. However, I know that you'll manage to make time for both - and both will benefit. Love & Hugs, Terri xoxo

PS The colors in this piece are so yummy, Michelle! Gorgeous palette!

sharon said...

I believe that we instinctively just DO what we have to , in order to accomplish what we want. I have no doubt , once your in full swing, you'll establish some type of routine. I KNOW your heart will MAKE you squeeze in that ART!!
Beautiful piece Michelle...those EYES pull us in...and the background, both technique and colors are LUSCIOUS!
Sooooooo glad you're feeling better!

Kelly Snelling_Soulhumming.typepad.com said...

i'm glad you are feeling better. and especially delighted to see you working my journal! clap! clap! clap!

indybev said...

So glad to see you feeling better. The recipient of this circle journal page will love it, I'm sure. Here's hoping you find balance in your days that allows time for art. I look forward to visits to your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...