Monday, September 21, 2009

Running Wild and Resting Much


The days are flying by in a flurry of frenzied activity and I am struggling to find balance.  I can't believe that it is the 21st of September already.  In just ten short days, my next show is scheduled to hang and I definitely don't feel ready.  Teaching is consuming all my energy and focus like some out of control wildfire.  All I can do during the in between times is lay on the couch and practice breathing....practice being still, inside and out.  I'm sure the fibromyalgia and lingering upper respiratory gunk is contributing to this extreme fatigue but I am hoping I will become acclimated to my new schedule in the next few weeks.  There's lots to do - stuff I must do and stuff I want to do.  But for now, I am just trying to go with what my body seems to need...lots and lots of rest. 

3 comments:

sharon said...

Your body is telling you to do what it has to! Listen to it, because I'm sure it is part of the overall plan of finding your balance.....This is how it is meant to be NOW, not forever. Time is a healer we know!! Take care, and everything else will follow!!

sharon said...

I always do this, forgot to comment on the piece!! It is stunning and so powerful in the simplicity of the design. The word you chose are captivating! I am really intrigued by the background texture...it looks like stucco or sand!!

Terri Kahrs said...

Ohhh, Michelle! I'm so sorry to hear that your energy level is so low. But you're doing the right thing by listening to your body right now and getting some rest. We're away on vacation for the next 10 days, and I'll be checking in occasionally. Love this piece and your ability to translate your feelings into your art. It's a true gift! With healing love, Terri xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...