Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Ultimate Pointy Hat

"Cosmic millinery
notwithstanding,
Lady Lunabee
was very good
at losing herself
in the universe."

Starting today, this week's theme at the Three Muses blog is one of my very favorite: hats! As a Zetti lover through and through, hats, crowns and all manner of pointy millinery often make an appearance in my work. This ATC triptych, entitled "Lady Lunabee's Wayward Ways," features a very tall, very spacey (yet still stylish) piece of headgear.

Triptychs are a great way to expand your artist trading card canvas and provide yourself with an additional challenge. When I start to feel a bit cramped by the size parameters of the standard ATC, I expand my theme vertically or horizontally. Consider making your background as one piece and then slicing it up into three pieces which you can then further embellish. Triptychs can remain unattached but displayed together or you can connect the cards with jump rings or eyelets and wire. The possibilities are endless times three!

17 comments:

  1. Yeah how cool is that ?
    Absolutely stunning. Fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ATCs - and great triptych! Your artwork is very elegant, a pleasure to look at. And thank you for the valuable tips on making triptych ATCs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first time I've seen the idea of expandable ATCs. What a great innovation! And this card is brilliant,--creative, artistic, clever and a joy to behold. Thanks for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is very successful. The color, picture and the whole design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ADORE Lady Lunabee! She's absolutely charming. What a great, creative idea, Michelle, to create triptychs. You're SO darn clever, and I LOVE it! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    PS Only a few more days of waiting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lady Lunabbee looks mahvelous! Your art is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your use of space, elements and color are extroidinary!! This is soooo wonderful, I love it! Thank you again Michelle for teaching me something new today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how utterly delicious! Lady Lunabee has just the right touch of upper-crustness and disdain even though her sense of direction may be lacking. I love the idea of the ultimate pointed hat, spearing its ways through the stars. This is such an original and clever design and it blows me away. I love the idea of expanding an ATC vertically or horizontally too. Stunning work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful creative piece- and what a neat idea for ATC's - adds so much more dimension but still plays by the rules- beautiful artwork here too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Zetti style and that hat is something to behold ...... wowee.... gorgeous, wonderful and funny. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful idea - the triptych. Yours is delightful as it is gorgeous. Great entry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great piece Michelle! Fabulous hat! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a UNIQUE piece of art Michelle ! I'ts a feast to look at !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Clever and whitty...like that look on her face!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the triptych approach and the hat is fabu!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a heavenly piece of art! I love your method of tripling the ATC! I suppose you could also glue ribbons to the back of the atc's to expand them. I am so happy that you're posting again regularly - one of my fave blogs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...