Friday, August 14, 2009

Trying to Drift

I managed to spend the last few days relaxing a bit and letting up on the relentless pursuit of To-Do list completition. In reality, not everything needs to be in the "done" column by September and it does me no good to stare, overwhelmed and underinspired, at a massive roster of things to accomplish when, realistically, I can only tackle three or four things in the short 24 hours we are given each day. So I am now making teeny tiny lists each morning, picking one or two things off the monster master list. This approach seems to be working better. It doesn't reduce the amount of things I have to do but it does serve to lessen the stress I'd been feeling. On top of everything, several health issues have reared their ugly heads again, necessitating more tests and appointments. Sigh! I swear, if I hear the "S" word (as in surgery), I just might pull up stakes and follow my dream of living in Spain again, doctors be damned. (I lived about ten minutes outside of Madrid for a couple years in the early nineties while in the Air Force.) But that's getting ahead of myself and I promised I wouldn't do that. For now, it is just me, my journals, and the list that, while not getting any shorter fast, isn't getting any longer. And that's something.

Note: Stay tuned next week as lots of new art will be coming your way...relaxing seems to agree with me!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I am sooo sorry to hear of your health issues. I know it is hard to think of anything else when we are not feeling well or having issues. Wishing you the best.! Your in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiny lists are a "good thing" - especially if they lessen the stress. Living in Spain . . . . hmmmm . . . as long as there's an I-Net and you can keep in touch! LOL

    Seriously, Michelle, I hope that you pass all of your "tests" with flying colors and the dreaded "s" word disappears from your vocabulary! Have a wonderful weekend! Blessings & Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are able to relax a little and not let that nasty to do list overwhelm you as much. It is much easier when you take things in small steps.

    I am sorry to hear of your health issues though. I hope things get better soon, and that you don't hear the nasty S word. Ick. Though living in Spain sounds awfully tempting...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...