Thursday, August 6, 2009

Small Space, Big Thoughts

Many times it is much easier to crank out a jounal entry if one is not faced with so much white space. I love working in small journals and I have several in progress. There's the Moleskine that is for on-the-spot sketching (no collage allowed); I have a series of seven spiral-bound journals (4.5 x 5.5 inches) called "Tiny Thoughts." (I'm currently near the end of volume two.) I have a coffeehouse journal that I take out into the world along with a traveling journal kit and money for a tall, tasty cup of joe. Today's page is from a new 5-inch square journal called "Love Letters to Myself." For more pages from my small journals, check out my Flickr Photosteam and the set entitled "Miscellaneous Small Journals."

4 comments:

  1. Thank you again Michelle for my daily dose of beauty and inspiration!! This is so well composed, and so much depth, that's what I really need to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele, You've really made my teatime fun this afternoon! I had a great time looking through your Flickr, and love the idea of little pages. I've got about 4 or 5 journals started, but it seems as though I get into a mood, pick one up for a while, and then stick it away. I admire your discipline and your ability to journal your feelings.

    Also love the idea of a traveling journal kit. Maybe, if I say "pretty please", could you do a post on the materials that you use in your coffeehouse kit?!? I'd love to be able to do something creative "on the go". Love & Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got home from work and spent some time looking at your photostream on flikr. Your work is so beautiful, some whimsical, ALL very powerful! I agree with Terri, I would love to start a journal, but have to work full time, so "on the go" would be best, but I don't know the first thing about it. Anyway, your work is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful piece - wow, you´ve been really busy lately!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...