Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Rapture



















"Once I knew only darkness and stillness...my life was without past or future...but a little word from the fingers of another fell into my hand that clutched at emptiness, and my heart leaped to the rapture of living."
Helen Keller

Whenever hands become the topic of conversation, I feel a small catch in my throat and my eyesight gets a bit fuzzy as I automatically flash to all I've been through with my own precious hands, including a full fusion of the right wrist in March of 2008. I won't go into the rather lengthy backstory again but if you're curious, click HERE. Suffice to say that my hands are really at the center of my daily art life and given my history, each moment that my hands can keep up with my imagination is pure rapture.

12 comments:

  1. Love your creation,its so thought provoking and gives hope for what may come next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome piece Michelle, very powerful, in design, and meaning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see that this piece comes straight from your heart and is a culmination of the many experiences that you've been through with your hands. May they stay painfree and productive for you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this piece of art comes from the heart. Thank you for sharing part of your personal journey with us. Your art is meaningful and poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific work, beautifully created!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle, your artwork and your words are a wonderful tribute to hands! We often take it for granted that our hands function, but they are really delicate organs and should be taken good care of. Your mentioning Helen Keller is a great idea - who would be a better example of the power of hands! I wish you happiness and health, so that you can go on with your wonderful artmaking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your picture for its thoughtfulness and beauty and I have to tell you that the quote by Helen Keller touched me so deeply I could feel the hands stand up on the back of my neck. Her world was always one of darkness and stillness but she lived her life through touch.
    After reading your story, I can understand why "hands" mean so much to you.
    This has been a very special piece and I am so pleased that it found its way to our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A heartfelt piece with the story attached. Your hands are indeed very clever and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michelle, you have the great gift of being able to visually express your heartfelt thoughts in your work. This is stunning in its meaning and simplicity. You are an inspiration!!! Love & Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful sentiment and idea behind this lovely artwork!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...