Thursday, August 27, 2009

Pattern Mixing for Courage

The last couple of days have been dominated by extreme fibro and migraine fatigue so unfortunately, I've been less than productive. However, even confined to the couch, a girl can still dream and draw so Miss Tallulah makes an appearance, encouraging me to live a little louder. Contrary to my typical palette, I tend to favor dark, unassuming, pattern-free clothes. But I am trying to bring the artist on the inside around to the outside. And I have to say that it begins with accessories: a cool purse, playful socks, a funky piece of handmade jewelry. I want to wear my profession proudly. That doesn't mean that I need to whack off an ear lobe or follow Tallulah's example and mix as many patterns as possible in a single ensemble. But I do need to be less frightened of standing out and right now, bright clothes tend to make me hyperventilate. And really, this has nothing to do with clothes. It has to do with fear...more to the point, it is all about not being ruled by fear. I am an artist. You are an artist. Say it, shout it, wear it, be it with all of your being.

5 comments:

  1. You POOR Baby! I'm so sorry to hear that you've been suffering these last few days. I wish that I were around the corner to offer some tea, sympathy and love. xoxo

    You know that I adore Miss Tallulah. And she sure is 'stylin today. Nothing wrong with wearing dark shirts and jeans - but I think there's more than a bit of Miss "T" inside of you waiting to pop out and take the world by surprise!!! LOL Love & Hugs, Terri xoxo

    PS Hope you feel better s-o-o-n!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you must read my mind!!! Tallulah is glorious in her garb, and I also feel everyday exactly what you have written, to put some more color on, funk it up a little!!
    Fear holds me back also, but I work in a traditional job that there is little leeway for artistic expression. I do however accessorize with lots of jewelry usually!! I LOOOOOOVE THIS, Michelle! Thanks for making my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I hope you feel better soon! I choose color to make me feel good. Green is a very healing calming color, while I don't wear much true red, I love fuschia. Do you remember the red/violet crayon? It was my fav when I was 5! a long time ago. I use color to my advantage and honor myself in that beige or black next to my face looks goulish! Have fun with color!
    Mary :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read your story of your hand injury and subsequent problems, and I must say you are quite the spokesperson for optimism and inspiration. WOW. I meant to express my sadness for this a few times, but never knew the story. You are incredibly strong, and it shows in every thing you do. You have taken a bad situation and created something so beautiful out of it, and you show that beauty in everything you touch....I am speechless. Thank you for everything again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks like an artful blog...that must then make you an artful person...first time visiting though i will come agin. i love this fellow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...