Thursday, August 20, 2009

Don't Forget to Play

Even though I should be workin' like a dog in these last two weeks before school starts back up again and my first of four fall shows is hung, I couldn't help creating yet another page in this particular journal. After all, one can't give up playtime all together. That would just be craziness! Meet Mr. Douglas Dodo, a typically reserved sort of fellow who has decided, just this once, to let down his guard and have a little fun with life. And lo and behold! Once Doug loosened up, life got a bit brighter (as did Doug's wardrobe.) In fact, Mr. Dodo has become quite the advocate for periodic playtime no matter how hectic the work schedule. I think I'll take the hint and continue to play here and there in spite of the chaos swirling around me...good chaos, but chaos nonetheless. Never fear - Through it all, Lost Coast Post will continue publishing at least five days a week, bringing you all the art life news that's fit to print. So stay tuned...it's about to get wild!

Note: A previous commenter asked if I use a graphics tablet or draw on paper and then scan/manipulate...what you see, is what you get. I draw directly on my watercolored background with a pencil and then start coloring. Once the body is finished, I color the head and glue it in place. Other than scanning to get a picture of the finished product, no computers were harmed in the making of these journal pages...this is all me...

3 comments:

  1. Mr. Dodo's happy wardrobe is as colorful and fun as his spirit! And . . . I adore the fact that it was created in a computer free zone! He's magnificent, Michelle! You can't help but smile when you look at this page. Thanks for starting my day with a smile! Hugs & Love, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You continue to amaze me with your wealth of talent, this piece is so beautiful and intricate! I have to say that I, for one, truly appreciate how you also describe to us techniques and products that you use, you are a true teacher, always sharing with us. I REALLY appreciate the fact that everything is hand done...I also love the physical part of art, making marks and touching, I do not photo shop, I guess I'm old school that way. When I was in college, we never even had computers....WOW...guess you can tell how old I am!!! I like it that way! Thanks Michelle!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Mr. Dodo is quite charming and out-of-the-box handsome! I'm in awe of your talent!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...