Monday, August 10, 2009

Busy Days Are Coming


Maybe it is my mile-long "To Do" list that I write completed tasks on just so I can scratch something off...perhaps it is the looming shows and teaching schedule or maybe it is the sticky, soul-sucking heat that lingers into the evening...whatever it is, my August so far has been one full of restless, unfocused energy. I feel the world winding up, the lazy days of summer winding down and I'm not sure how to feel. On one hand, I thrive a little on chaos and on the other, it eats me alive. So as the busy, busy days of fall creep forward, I try to revel in the peaceful time I have left and simultaneously, prepare to meet the chaos as prepared as possible. There is research to be done, notes to be taken, visual aides to make, paintings to paint, artist statements and price lists to develop. And all I want to do is curl up with coffee and a good movie or book, purses to be quilted in my lap. I want to journal away my nervous anticipation a page at a time. Maybe I should give in to my restlessness and take a little vacation from the "go, go, go" mindset. Those days will be here soon enough. Then, when the time arrives, I can flutter softly towards my big premiere, calm, cool, collected, confident, content.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle! I'm sure your restlessness is nervous energy that you will put forth beautifully! Enjoy your time! Fabulous piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How interesting that you've given this piece "wings", but she's wearing a mask! LOL Sounds like you have a full plate with a little anxiety as a side dish. Think of accomplishing these tasks as though each is "one page at a time", and be sure to take just a little time for yourself! Hugs & love, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a vacation from the chaos is a great idea! Relaxing is good, and it's never beneficial to be stressed out, especially for your big premiere! Congratulations to you! Watch a movie, read, journal whatever, like you said enjoy the lazy days of summer while they last. I can't believe it's almost fall already!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...