Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Busy Bee Days


I dropped off the blogging map the last couple of days due to a quick jaunt out of town and a region-wide Internet outage. I've been busy, busy, busy though, journaling in a variety of journals and putting in some time at the sewing machine. Now I am not, by any means, an expert seamstress. However, with diligent application of brain power, I've discovered that I can figure out a pattern if the instructions and illustrations are clear and well-written. I received a purse pattern for my birthday and after two days of slowly working my way through all the diagrams and verbage, I managed to make something that actually looked like the sample...what a sense of accomplishment! I am genuinely proud that I managed to figure everything out for myself including the lining and binding. Excited with the finished product, I promptly ventured out to the local fabric store and bought enough yardage to make four more. Aside from providing myself a bunch of purses to coordinate with varying wardrobe choices, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all my handiwork. I guess I just find the work meditative and refreshing.
In addition to my sewing binge, I've been working in a number of journals every day, from my "daily diary" to my miniature journal. I'm completing an average of three pages a day. Sometimes, I run out of things to say (perish the thought!) so on this little page, I recycled some inchies I did several years ago as part of a failed resolution to create five inchies a day for a year. I only made it to mid-February but the inchies I did complete are wonderful photocopied and leveraged into new work.

2 comments:

  1. Just so glad that you keep on showing us your creations......and oh, it is a beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the journal page. You create the yummiest background, Michelle! And also love that you've managed to integrate an old piece into a new one. It really gives the piece a special "history"!

    Didn't know that you were an accomplished seamstress! LOL You'll have to "reveal" the finished purses so that we can all drool over them! Love & Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...